Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Naps Are a Good Thing

Dear Baby Girl,
You are only 5 months old.  This is way too young to give up napping!  It is Wednesday and you have napped less than an hour all day long.  It wears me out thinking about it.  I'd be alright with this if you didn't scream at all attempts to put you down for a nap.  Mama is not a big fan of the "cry it out" approach therefore I haven't let you cry it out for much more than 2 minutes, 3 minutes tops.  Instead, I have put you in the Jenny Jump-up, your swing, the bouncy seat, cuddled you, laid you on my chest, nursed you, and taken you outside and cuddled you some more.  I love cuddling you, Little One, but I also know that sleeping is good for your well-being.  Some day you will be a high school and college student who will just want to sleep the summer away and I will remind you of these days as a 5 month old when sleep was the farthest thing from your mind (but not from your mama's). 

If this is a separation anxiety thing, please know that Mommy will be there when you wake up, Little One.  I will hug you and cuddle you and love you.  If this is a teething thing, then I hope your teeth come in soon.  And if this is just a "Doodle thing," then I will try to have enough patience to make it through this sleep-deprived stage!  I love you, Baby Girl!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment